Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blending Colors in the National Art Education Association Publication

When I first joined the National Art Education Association, it was in attempt to obtain current information in the art education field. The magazine, as well as the national publication: Advancing Art Education,  have proven to fulfill these goals. Imagine my surprise this month when I noticed not only an article by NAEA President Bob Sabol describing our trip to Cuba along with photos, but also there was an invitation to learn more about our trip via the use of this blog.


If you are interested in the NAEA in the article, it can be retrieved from: Advancing Art Education, (vol. 53, No. 5 December 2011)  Thank you NAEA for enabling me to share this wonderful experience with art teachers around the nation.

There be will additional opportunities to share information in New York at the 2012 NAEA National Convention. There will be a booth featuring the delegates, who will be available for Q&A.  I am still working on the feasibility of attending. I would love to see the other delegates and disseminate information, however extenuating circumstance may prevent the trip.

January will allow for me to locally share my experiences as I continue to set up programs and visits to local schools and community organizations. There are a number of you who locally (Fl) follow this blog via Facebook.  Let me know if you are interested in a lesson on culture along with a Cuban inspired art project for your classroom or if your Spanish clubs would like a guest speaker. The purpose of my trip to Cuba was to bring back enlightening information to share. Beth
www.arteducators.org  - NAEA Website

No comments:

Post a Comment